I have been a bit absent from the blog this past week. As most of you know, Ava was born one week ago today on May 19th. This first week has been both amazing and daunting at the same time. It feels like we have been through a year’s worth of life in just a week. Here are a few of my lessons learned:
- The only people awake on the road at 3:30 a.m. are people also driving their newborn around
- Poop can be shot across a room (and hit your wife)
- It is worth the crying of a bath for the cuddling of drying off
- Hiccups are cute
- 5.5 lbs babies can fart like grown men
- A baby momma is the most amazing person in the world
- Little girls have the ability to instantly wrap their dad around their finger.
- Unsolicited food from a friend is a gift from God
- No less than 1,000 people feel they hold equal claim to your baby as you.
- Sleeping babies are great and all, but ones waking up are amazing. Just make sure the bottle is warm quick.
Tagsaugust tweetup baby baby crap belly rub blogger blue or pink? bump can you believe they let me become a dad? chicago bulls cravings dad dad-to-be daughter fanny pack v2 fat husband first post food football player or cheerleader? freakout greg wins for once help hurt it jeans kung fu dad lots of food maternity minivan must just be the shirt my grandma would be proud omg pregnancy mystery pregnant round 2 sleep snacking someone is stupid enough to buy this sort of like AA but with alcohol support group Time to find a bunker told you so too deep for a Tuesday waist what is this hump wild grandma